http://www.studex.com “Website” is a site which is operated by Studex Corporation, and its subsidiaries (collectively, “Studex”, “we”, “us”, “our”,). For the purpose of the applicable data protection legislation, the data controller is Studex Corporation, 521 W. Rosecrans Avenue, Gardena, CA 90248.
• What information we collect
• How we use and protect that information
• The choices you have, including how to access and manage information
(They are applicable to any order made through our catalogue or our Toll Free telephone or visiting any of our stores.)
What information do we collect?
In general, you can use this Website without giving us any information. However, additional services may be available if we have certain information about you.
• Information you give us.
We may collect the following information:
– Account registration information: your name, telephone number, postal address and email address;
– Billing information: transaction and credit card information (should you make a purchase with us);
– Record of correspondence: should you contact us;
– Lifestyle information: your personal or professional interests, demographics, experiences with our products; and
– Contact preferences in order to provide you with further correspondence about our products and services.
• Automatic information/Information we get from your use of our services.
- Device information
We may collect information about your mobile device, such as your hardware model, operating system version, mobile network information including phone number, unique device identifier, preferred language.
- Log information
When you use our website, we automatically collect information on details of your use of services, such as server logs (may include information like device IP address), browsing history, ad data, access dates and times, app features or pages viewed, app crashes and type of browser.
- Location information
Our website and mobile applications may collect location information. Please keep in mind that most mobile devices allow you to disable the use of location services by controlling the settings’ menu in the device.
- Cookies and similar technologies
– Your session information (such as the particular Products you purchase from our Website);
– Your specific information on the web pages you select to view; and
– Your answer to our question regarding residency.
You can, should you choose, disable the cookies from your browser and delete all cookies currently stored on your computer. On Microsoft Internet Explorer, this can be done by selecting “Tools/Internet Options” and reviewing your privacy settings or by selecting “delete cookies”. However please note that this may prevent you from taking full advantage of the Website. You can find out how to do this for your particular browser by clicking “help” on your browser’s menu or by visiting www.allaboutcookies.org No information obtained from cookies from which individual customers can be identified will be used by us for marketing purposes.
Use of Information
We use this information to provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
– Internal record keeping and operations;
– To track and confirm online orders;
– To deliver products;
– To improve our products and services;
– For marketing and advertising products and services
– To manage your accounts with us;
– To communicate with you by email, telephone or post if you have ordered or purchased products from us, either regarding the order or other matters regarding customer relationship with us;
– To communicate with you with regard to your Studex.com account, or your Studex Corporation, Business Account;
– If you have purchased a product or requested a catalogue from us, you will be placed on the Studex Corporation mailing list and mail receive periodic mailings by post from us (if you do not wish to receive a catalogue and/or periodic mailings by post please contact our customer services department by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone Toll Free at 1-800-478-8339 to let us know and you will be removed from our mailing list);
– To contact you by email, telephone, SMS, MMS or post according to your preferences, in order to share information with you about our products, services and events that may be of interest to you;
– To contact you for market research purposes, if you have not objected to such use. Please note that you can object to the use of your data for market research purposes at any time. To do so please contact our customer services department by email at email@example.com or by telephone Toll Free at 1-800-478-8339 to let us know.
Where you have consented to us doing so, we may send you such information about new products, promotions, special offers by postal mail and telephone, unless you have registered with the appropriate Preference Service. If you purchase a product from us we may retain your address for future mailings.
If you do not want your information used for direct marketing purposes at any time, please contact our customer services department by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone Toll Free at 1-800-478-8339 to let us know and we will not send you any direct marketing.
We would also like to provide you with the information above by email. However, we appreciate that email “spam” has become a problem in recent years.
If you are a customer or you have previously asked us for information on our products:
– We may contact you regarding your purchase or other matters regarding transactions between us or your customer relationship with us, or send you information on our range of products by email, unless you have asked us not to do so; and
– We may also use your email address to share information about our products, services and events that may be of interest to you by way of Studex Corporation, informational emails, unless you have asked us not to do so.
– Otherwise, when you provide us with personal information, we will ask you whether you would like us to send you Studex Corporation, informational emails.
If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to receive marketing emails from us, please click on the unsubscribe link in the email. Alternatively, you may at any time contact our customer services department at Studex Corporation, 521 W. Rosecrans Avenue, Gardena, CA 90248, by telephone Toll Free at 1-800-478-8339 or by email at email@example.com.
Who do we share this information with?
We will not transfer or disclose your personal information to third parties other than to:
– The third party suppliers and vendors we engage to help us run our business;
– A purchaser or potential purchaser of our business, unless we have your permission or are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply other agreements; or to protect the rights, property or safety of Studex Corporation, our customers or others.
This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction within the framework of the relevant data protection law.
Given that we are an international company, this process may include sending personal information to other countries, whose data protection laws may not be the same as may exist in your country of residence. However, we have taken appropriate steps to ensure a responsible and high level of protection for the processing carried out in all countries in which we operate. Please see the section on ‘Security and storage’ below.
Your rights & choices
• Access rights
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the applicable data protection legislation. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to our customer services department at Studex Corporation, Customer Services, 521 W. Rosecrans Avenue, Gardena, CA 90248, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Deactivate your account
• Unsubscribe from receiving marketing or promotional e-mails, direct mail, phone and mobile marketing communications
• Update and correct your personal information
• Request removal of content or personal information on our website. Please write to our customer services department at Studex Corporation, Customer Services, 521 W. Rosecrans Avenue, Gardena, CA 90248 or by telephone Toll Free at 1-800-478-8339 or by email at email@example.com as soon as possible. We will correct or update any information as soon as possible.
We may retain your information for as long as your account on our website is active or as necessary to provide you services, comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
How we protect your information
In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect on line.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
All information provided through our Website, telephone, catalogue and in store is stored on servers located in the USA. Such information will be processed by staff operating in the USA who work for our group. Such staff may be engaged in, among other things, the fulfillment of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services. By submitting your personal information, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing.
Our website may link to other websites which are not within our control. When we do this, we will try and make it as clear as possible that you are leaving our Website. We are not responsible for these websites in any way. Once you have left our Website, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
If you have any questions about this policy or do not agree with it, please contact our customer services department by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone Toll Free at 1-800-478-8339 before using this Website. This policy is effective from January 1, 2017.
Your Studex Team.